Re: Synology CS 407e: altboot fails to load installer.

Oscar Molin wrote:

>> BTW, which version of PPCBoot is installed on your CS-407e? I've got:
>>  PPCBoot 2.0.0 (Mar  1 2005 - 15:31:41)
>
> mine is dated 2007 but it's 2.0.0 like yours.
> I though it had some networking functionality since it supports tftp
> booting.

Does it? Can you verify that? That would make loading altboot easier for
you, when you can load it with PPCBoot's tftpload.

And when PPCBoot can make your NIC work, it would be interesting to get the
source for it. It is much simpler and easier to understand than the SK98
driver.

>> The problem with wd1 and sd0 is explained above. It's just SKnet,
>> which behaves strange. What is the version of your PHY?
> [...]
> makphy0 at sk0 phy 0: Marvell 88E1011 Gigabit PHY, rev. 5  <<-- looks
> the same as yours

Yes. Too bad. I would really like to know what is wrong here.

--
Frank Wille