Re: Synology CS 407e: altboot fails to load installer.

On Sun, 8 May 2011 12:00:31 +0200
Oscar Molin <oscarmolin%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm trying to install netbsd, latest binary snapshot 201105062100Z on
> a Synology Cubestation 407e.

Great! Reports from untested hardware are always welcome!

> Altboot loads, but never requests any IP from my server, doesnt seem
> to use ethernet at all, then gives the messages:
>
> xmit failed
> xmit failed
> xmit failed
> xmit failed
> bootp: no reply

Can you show us the full output from altboot? There should be two lines
like...

MAC address 00:11:32:xx:xx:xx
100Mbps-FDX

...when the network interface was initialized and the link speed
negotiation was done.

And can you confirm the type of the network chip? Is it Marvell SKnet as
on the other Synology NAS systems? There should be a 88E8001 chip on the
board.

--
Frank Wille