Re: Synology CS 407e: altboot fails to load installer.

> Do the following:
>
> - loadb 2000000
>  Send a NetBSD kernel with Kermit protocol.
>
> - loadb 1000000
>  Send altboot with Kermit protocol.
>
> - go 1000000 mem:2000000
>
> Altboot will load the kernel from RAM at 0x2000000 and starts it.
> It would be interesting to see whether the kernel is able to deal with
> your network chip.

I can get the install kernel image to boot, I can set up partitions on
wd0 och such but I can't install since I can't move the install sets
to the new partition.
Windows and Linux can't write to UFS partitions so I can't transfer
the install sets that way.
USB sticks are detected but can't be mounted.
Secondary harddrisks can't be mounted so I can't get the install sets
that way either.
Networking doesn't work either.
When I ping it claims that it's sending it but wireshark on my server
doesn't see any packets at all.

Since the installer doesn't let me install to a harddrive that doesn't
contain a ufs partition, I'm forced to repartition to install, losing
any existing partition where I might store the install sets.

I've even tried a liveboot cd with netbsd to be able to write the the
disk with the ufs partition, but I can't mount it because the
superblock is claimed to be broken.
If I create a new ufs partition on my computer, and then put that
harddrive in the synology as wd0, I can't mount that either for some
reason.

Even if I got the installer to work, I still don't have networking so
there isn't much of a point, unless I wan't to run a NAS with only one
harddrive and networking over serial port.