Port-alpha archive

Re: successful boot report

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, der Mouse wrote:

DVA0 might be the network; I tried booting from it, and, whatever it
was, the console said it couldn't open it.  But of course that could

DVA0 would normally be the floppy disk. Any optical media would normally be DQ[AB]0. Network devices I think would be E*.

Does a 'show config' command show any network device? Or anything that looks like and IDE controller? I don't seem to have a show config from my PC164 anywhere handy to see what it shows.

If the 164LX is anything like my PC164, it might need an ISACFG command if either the IDE or network device is an ISA device. I recall playing with that command a bit on my PC164, but I don't remember what I was trying to do at the time.

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant