Re: wip/epiphany builds but will not intall

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 10:53:15PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:

> I think a little slang here and there doesn't hurt.

Ah...a voice from the now-elusive middle road; thank you.

> The strange thing about your question was that you explicitly
> asked how to update "only the epiphany code". That's strange
> because in a Git repository, you usually either update
> everything or nothing.

Can I plead guilty to using CVS too much over the years? <g>

> >> I highly recommend just "git pull". If by "used", you mean
> >> that you did some commits of your own, then use "git commit
> >> --rebase".

I don't know how to use 'git pull.' May I please have an example
that would bear on my pkgsrc-wip prowling? Or can I just repeat:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/
git clone git://wip.pkgsrc.org/pkgsrc-wip.git wip

> If you're afraid that updating will take a long time, don't
> worry.

Right now time is something I got. No, I just wanted to do it right.

Thank you

--
RSB