Re: wip/epiphany builds but will not intall

Am 27.05.2019 um 21:56 schrieb Bob Bernstein:
> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 01:30:18PM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
>
> Hi Benny. I must remember not to use American slang on this
> international list! A knudnick is a dummy. Like me with git.

I think a little slang here and there doesn't hurt.

>>> I am a git knudnick. What would the git command look like
>>> that would refresh only the epiphany code and not the entire
>>> pkgsrc-wip git repository (which I used the other night)?

The strange thing about your question was that you explicitly asked how
to update "only the epiphany code". That's strange because in a Git
repository, you usually either update everything or nothing. You cannot
easily mix "this part from yesterday, that other part from three weeks
ago", since most often this is a bad idea that leads to unexpected behavior.

>> I highly recommend just "git pull". If by "used", you mean
>> that you did some commits of your own, then use "git commit
>> --rebase".

And that's exactly why Benny wrote "I highly recommend". Because, if you
don't really really really have to, you should not do a partial update
of a Git repository.

If you're afraid that updating will take a long time, don't worry.
Updates are really fast, compared to the "git clone" you did first.