Re: ffmpeg3 "x11" option vs "vaapi", "vdpau" options

On Wed 26 Sep 2018 at 11:36:37 -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> What is interesting is that the failure of "minidlna" due to "vaapi"
> and "vdpau" options in "ffmpeg3" depends on the _installed package_
> and not the current values of the various PKG*OPTIONS* variables.
>
> With ffmpeg3 built and installed with "vaapi" and "vdpau" enabled (but
> masked due to "-x11"), it does not matter if I add "-vaapi -vdpau" to
> "PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3".  Minidlna will claim that it requires X11 and
> fail to build because "/usr/X11R6" was not found.

> $ cd ../minidlna
> $ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
>  ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
> openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid

The name is PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS, which differs from the pattern of the
other names, which are PKG_OPTIONS. So that this seems to use the
options of a build that already happened, as opposed to how it would
happen now, maybe isn't totally weird.

Although, reading mk/pkg-build-options.mk, it does

        ${PKG_INFO} -Q PKG_OPTIONS ${b} 2>/dev/null \
        || { cd ${BUILDLINK_PKGSRCDIR.${b}} \
             && ${MAKE} ${MAKEFLAGS} show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS; }

so indeed it queries an installed package via pkg_info.

The surprising (to me) part would be that it falls back to the options
that would be used NOW if the package would be rebuilt.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond