Re: ffmpeg3 "x11" option vs "vaapi", "vdpau" options

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 08:24:56AM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone gotten "-x11" to turn off "vaapi" and "vdpau" for ffmpeg3
> > on a machine w/o any X11?
>
> The options are still listed as enabled, but when the x11 option is
> turned off, the --enable flags should not be passed to configure, so
> they should be effectively disabled (is my reading of options.mk).

Yes, just after I sent this message, I thought about it and reached the
same conclusion.  I was probably jumbling up pre-"x11" option build
issues I had with what 'make show-options' displayed.

Could it be arranged that disabling x11 ("-x11") would prevent the
addition of "vaapi", "vdpau" to the PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS?  Might
save on future confusion over what 'make show-options' reports versus
what will actually happen.  Or does option processing happen too late
for that?

Thanks.