Re: ffmpeg3 "x11" option vs "vaapi", "vdpau" options

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, John D. Baker wrote:

> Could it be arranged that disabling x11 ("-x11") would prevent the
> addition of "vaapi", "vdpau" to the PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS?  Might
> save on future confusion over what 'make show-options' reports versus
> what will actually happen.  Or does option processing happen too late
> for that?

Actually, a side-effect of keeping "vaapi" and "vdpau" as enabled options
but ignoring their effect via "-x11" is that they are still seen as
enabled by other packages including "ffmpeg3/buildlink3.mk" and falsely
concluding that X11 is required and failing because there's no X11R?
directory.

After rebuilding "ffmpeg3" with these options default-enabled but ignored
(and enabling recently-added "opus" and "rtmp" support), attempting to
rebuild "multimedia/minidlna" fails claiming that it requires X11, but
no "/usr/X11R6" could be found.

The most likely culprits were the "vaapi" and "vdpau" options in ffmpeg3.
Simply re-adding "PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3+=-vaapi -vdpau" did not solve the
problem until I first rebuilt ffmpeg3 with those options explicitly
disabled.