Re: ffmpeg3 "x11" option vs "vaapi", "vdpau" options

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 16:10:35 +0200, Leonardo Taccari <leot%NetBSD.org@localhost>
wrote:

> I am not super-sure but I think that this can have possible side-effects
> in the following scenario (I think that multimedia/ffmpeg4 probably
> has the same problem):
>
>  1. ffmpeg3 is built with `-x11'
>  2. CONFIGURE_ARGS will have `--disable-vdpau' and `--disable-vaapi'
>     and neither vdpau nor vaapi bl3 will be included and marked as
>     dependencies
>  3. ...however, PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3, will actually have both
>     `vdpau' and `vaapi' and if a package includes ffmpeg3 bl3 vdpau and
>     vaapi will be installed

This seems to be what I described in:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2018/09/25/msg027484.html

> If this is actually the case... John, can you please add
> multimedia/ffmpeg3/buildlink3.mk:
>
>  && !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3:Mx11)
>
> in the `.if' lines that check for `PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3:Mvdpau'
> and `PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3:Mvaapi' (similarly to what it is done
> in options.mk) and let us know if it avoid to pick up vaapi and vdpau
> as dependencies?

I've added the above check in ffmpeg3/buildlink3.mk.  I'm now rebuilding
ffmpeg3 without "-vaapi -vdpau" and then will see if minidlna will build
without thinking it needs X11.

It appears that all ffmpeg* have "vaapi" and "vdpau" options now, but
only ffmpeg[234] have a corresponding "x11" option (which is used only
as shorthand to disable "vaapi" and "vdpau").  If someone needs these
legacy ffmpeg{010,1} on an X-less system, perhaps they should get the
same treatment in their "options.mk" (and "buildlink3.mk" to match).