Re: ffmpeg3 "x11" option vs "vaapi", "vdpau" options

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018, Greg Troxel wrote:
> "John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> writes:
> >
> > Clues?  Anything in particular I should try?
>
> use
>
> make show-options

$ pwd
/x/pkgsrc/multimedia/ffmpeg3
$ make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        ass      Enable subtitle renderer for the ASS/SSA format
        bluray   Enable libbluray support.
        doc      Include the documentation.
        fdk-aac
        fontconfig       Enable FONTCONFIG (fonts/fontconfig) support.
        freetype         Enable freetype support.
        gnutls   Enable GNU TLS support.
        lame     Use the lame encoder to create MP3 files.
        libvpx   Enable libvpx support.
        opencore-amr     Enable OpenCORE Adaptive Multi-Rate speech codecs.
        openssl  Enable OpenSSL support.
        opus     Enable opus support.
        rpi      Enable Raspberry Pi support.
        rtmp     Enable rtmp:// support using rtmpdump.
        tesseract
        theora   Use the theora codecs.
        vaapi    Enable support for VAAPI.
        vdpau    Enable support for VDPAU.
        vorbis   Enable Ogg Vorbis support.
        x11      Enable X11 support.
        x264     Enable x264 support.
        x265     Enable x265 support.
        xcb      Enable XCB (libxcb) support.
        xvid     Enable usage of XVid codecs.

These options are enabled by default:
        ass bluray fontconfig freetype lame libvpx
        openssl theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x11 x264
        xvid

These options are currently enabled:
        ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls
        lame libvpx opencore-amr openssl opus rtmp
        theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3.

> make show-vars VARNAMES=PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3

$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
fdk-aac gnutls opencore-amr opus rtmp x265 xcb -x11
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
pam ssl -x11 -cups -pulseaudio -alsa -dbus -gvfs -jack -arts

So, together:
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid

> and also check what the options variable is (read all of makefile and
> options.mk).  check the variable values.

All appears to be in order.  options.mk consistently queries PKG_OPTIONS.
The buildlink3.mk file consistently queries PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3.

Changing to "multimedia/minidlna", I can query PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3:

$ pwd
/x/pkgsrc/multimedia/minidlna
$ make show-var VARNAME=PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpeg3
 ass bluray fdk-aac fontconfig freetype gnutls lame libvpx opencore-amr
openssl opus rtmp theora vaapi vdpau vorbis x264 x265 xcb xvid

That "x11" is absent should (with leot@'s bl3.mk mod) mask the inclusion
of "libv{a,dpau}/buildlink3.mk" from the ffmpeg3/buildlink3.mk file.
Is there other infrastructure that tries to pull them in anyway and
elicits the error from "minidlna"?

> save the build log and read it, looking for how configure was called.

Underway.