Re: Proposed package removals after 2016Q4

On 20.12.2016 18:01, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> On 2016-12-20 11:06 AM, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> On 20.12.2016 16:40, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
>>>  1. No further subdivisions so everything is thrown into the same pot. I
>>> understand that subdivisions are not possible if it is going to work
>>> within the pkgsrc framework.
>>>  2. No regular culling.  Once a package moves into the pkgsrc tree it
>>> should probably be removed from WIP.  I'm not even sure how easy it
>>> would be to identify them at this point.
>
>> What are the names of packages in particular in the mentioned muddle and
>> problems?
>
> Did you want me to list all 4,447 package names?  The "muddle" is the
> sheer size of the directory.

What's the exact problem in the size of the collection?

Open task is to work on this directory - as the name WIP suggests is.

There are packages in the following categories:
 - ready to be imported to pkgsrc -- these ones should be deported to pkgsrc
 - packages that have no longer accessible distfiles -- to be neutralized,
 - packages unfinished -- to be finished.

I can see there also two types of entries:
 - rolling release ones, tracking upstream sources,
 - not applicable for pkgsrc.

Legacy GCC versions match the latest type.