Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

			Hi there,

On 07/15/15 00:06, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> writes:
>> If anyone thinks that staying with sourceforge is a good idea, please
>> speak up and provide rationale.
>
> I would like to hear the rationale on moving away from SourceForge.

SourceForge broke its trust contract. Considering the most common
operation from pkgsrc-wip's users is "make install" from a repository
they are hosting, I do have a very big problem with entrusting the
security of my entire computing environment, and that of every
pkgsrc-wip user, to this company ever again.

> On the other hand, moving means at least setup cost for a lot of people
> with the associated risk that new hosting won't allow as convenient access.

That is always the case. It's like a new pair of underwear: at first,
it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you.

Cheers,
--
khorben