Re: Moving pkgsrc-wip away from SourceForge

I think Aleksej has a good point about the phrasing of the mail that
started this off.  It read to me as a decision that was arrived at, not
a kicking off of discsussion.  In particular, it used "will" to describe
how things might work if certain steps would taken, which implies that a
plan has been approved.

In the discussions I've had so far (a bit of which hast been discussion
among pmc) the only things that seem really agreed on are moving away
From sourceforge (because of the same problems that are causing everyone
else to leave) and, based on the earlier larger dicussions about moving
NetBSD and pkgsrc to a DVCS, it seems pretty clear that a DVCS is in
order.

Given a DVCS, it also seems clear to me (this is just me speaking now)
that the only viable choices are git and hg.

If anyone thinks that staying with sourceforge is a good idea, please
speak up and provide rationale.