Re: Shouldn't "make replace" pull in pkgtools/pkg_tarup?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:28:18 +0900, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost>
wrote:

> "BOOTSTRAP_PACKAGES should be installed before anything else"
>   Is this
>     1) fully correct
>     2) good enough (full) description
>
> And I still don't see a full list of such packages. How to obtain them all?

It depend on the situation, then BOOTSTRAP_PACKAGES have the list.

>  >>> pkg_tarup cannot be added to BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS, because after enter
>  >>> "replace" target, the pkgsrc can detect of need of pkg_tarup,
>  >>> but it's too late, resolving dependency stage is already done.
>  >> I don't understand this. If tnftp and wget can be added
>  >> BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS,
>  >> why pkg_tarup cannot. 'make replace' is run after 'make depends'.
>
>> Why do you know 'make replace' will be run after 'make depends'?
>> I naver use 'make replace'.
> I'm not sure I understand you here.

Requirement of pkgtools/digest is depend on a package has distfiles/patchfiles.
Requirement of sysutils/checkperm is depend on PKG_DEVELOPER is defined.
Requirement of pkgtools/pkg_tarup is depend on invoked target (replace-tarup,
tarup,...).

Then do you know where and how to define BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS+=pkg_tarup?

>  >>> Why "make replace" is required for DISTBB?
>  >> It is not _required_ but _may_ be used instead of 'make install'
>  >> for bootstrap packages always installed and marked as "not for
>  >> deletion".
>
>> It seems you are trying to destdir build & create binary package and
>> use it.
>> Then why not do pkg_delete -ff and pkg_add?
> ...and here too. After packages are ready, of course they can be
> installed using pkg_add or anything else. 'make replace' may be used
> to upgrade packages like pkg_install which can not be removed. That is
> destdir bulk build builds such packages/binaries without installing them.
> 'pkg replace' installs/upgrades them using a binary.

Oh, I didn't realize that 'make replace' is using binary packages!

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost