Re: Shouldn't "make replace" pull in pkgtools/pkg_tarup?

 >>> For example, I has used BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS+=wget for some packages
 >>> because of failed to fetch with tnftp (need http cookie).
 >> This is for in-place package building. Right?  In case of distbb,
 >> tools like wget,rsync,sudo,screen etc. are installed to /usr/
 >> pkg_distbb and
 >> are not touched at all while bulk building.

> Yes, for pkgsrc infrastructure, not for your distbb.
"BOOTSTRAP_PACKAGES should be installed before anything else"
  Is this
    1) fully correct
    2) good enough (full) description

And I still don't see a full list of such packages. How to obtain them all?

 >>> pkg_tarup cannot be added to BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS, because after enter
 >>> "replace" target, the pkgsrc can detect of need of pkg_tarup,
 >>> but it's too late, resolving dependency stage is already done.
 >> I don't understand this. If tnftp and wget can be added
 >> BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS,
 >> why pkg_tarup cannot. 'make replace' is run after 'make depends'.

> Why do you know 'make replace' will be run after 'make depends'?
> I naver use 'make replace'.
I'm not sure I understand you here.

 >>> Why "make replace" is required for DISTBB?
 >> It is not _required_ but _may_ be used instead of 'make install'
 >> for bootstrap packages always installed and marked as "not for
 >> deletion".

> It seems you are trying to destdir build & create binary package and
> use it.
> Then why not do pkg_delete -ff and pkg_add?
...and here too. After packages are ready, of course they can be
installed using pkg_add or anything else. 'make replace' may be used
to upgrade packages like pkg_install which can not be removed. That is
destdir bulk build builds such packages/binaries without installing them.
'pkg replace' installs/upgrades them using a binary.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.