Re: Running NetBSD installer on VM to install on real disk [Was: NetBSD 9.3 UEFI...]

On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 08:18:25PM +0200, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> And all but the most recent versions of qemu really do have a nasty
> habit of accessing the wrong part of the disk when running NetBSD
> guests, because of a bug that was finally fixed in this commit:
>
>   https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/46e018e9b741731842b93ce23a86fad60445969b

Thanks for the insights. I'd not vouch for a. my installation being post
this commit and b. even if it were to be, it won't mess up with my disk!

Fortunately I have worked around the issue with a USB stick boot for now,
as mentioned in my other post.

--
Mayuresh