Re: painting the bikeshed in transparent colors (Re: cvs better than git?)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 08:10, Nikita Gillmann <nikita%n0.is@localhost> wrote:

> Sorry, what's the point of this continued thread?
>
> Talking about how X is (faster, smaller, better, whatever) than Y is all
> I see except for some initial
> replies to a question.
>
> Does the Internet not have enough X vs Y discussion on version control
> that you feel the need to contribute to it, or what is going on.

I totally agree and have been deleting the thread after the second or
third post as mostly noise rather than signal.

It's quite possible to update your NetBSD system via git and it's
probably possible to commit to Mercurial via a git client (I certainly
was able to use SVN with git in a previous job).

There is no interesting technical content I've seen.

--
Steve Mynott <steve.mynott%gmail.com@localhost>
cv25519/ECF8B611205B447E091246AF959E3D6197190DD5