Re: cvs better than git?

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 09:15:15 +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> Search "read only branches" for subversion and it'll give you some
> ideas. Never done this myself, so no idea how well it works, but from
> what I've read, it is relatively simple.

Been there, done that. Turns out that it is indeed relatively simple to
protect against modification of files, but catching new files is hard
enough so that you can't just recite the answer to that. And thus doing

  svn cp .../trunk .../tags/rel-1.0

twice by accident has a very interesting effect.

- Andreas

PS: I just started to watch said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31XZYMjg93o
    and the critiques make much more sense now.
    (Basically, you end up in weird situations
    by accident and then need to find a way out;
    just like hitting ^S by accident and not knowing
    about it, wondering why you computer froze.)

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:29:21 -0800