Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

On 2019-04-18 23:54, Sad Clouds wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 23:37:28 +0200
Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm merely clarifying what Andrew was
getting at. And as I mentioned elsewhere, you hit the same thing in
git as well. It's a basic problem everywhere.

Not directed at you specifically. I'm just trying to understand why
people claim Subversion is such a big pile of crap, but I've never
noticed and never had any problems with it.

Well, if you want to hear my thoughts about that, I think it's mostly become a fight between git people and svn people, where both sides are slinging any type of mud they can come up with.

There isn't really much technical backing for the mud slinging. It's religion and dogma.

You see the same the other way from svn people about git.

The scenario as such that Andrew described is definitely true and a correct description. Not that anyone else actually is much better, but it's easy to ignore that small detail. :-)

But I think it's easier to just acknowledge that what he describes can certainly happen. In reality it is not really much of a problem, as all people actually know. Or else NetBSD would have burned down a long time ago.

  Johnny