Re: Laptop crashes with PCMCIA insertion/removal

Hi Michael,

Michael wrote:

Why does it say "no cardbus found" when I see this:
cbb0: cacheline 0x40 lattimer 0x40
cbb0: bhlc 0x824040
cbb0: secondary bus number uninitialized; try PCI_BUS_FIXUP
Did you try a kernel with options PCI_BUS_FIXUP?
I suppose I need to compile my own then.. I'll try.. it will be fun
getting sources and other things without network... and USB 1 :)
If nothing else, you can get cardbus USB2 cards on ebay for just a few
bucks ( I think I got mine for ~$5 a piece )

Of course, once you get the cardbus itself working :)

The good news is that I got src.tgx over, compiled the kernel by using GENERIC and enablig PCI_BUS_FIXUP and as I was, removed all MCA entries, the built kernel works fine and both my wired and wireless card function fine!

Another computer net-bsdized :)

Riccardo