Re: Laptop crashes with PCMCIA insertion/removal

Hello,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:07:44 +0100
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:

> > Eww, uninitialized bus number. I remember hacking around that for
> > Powerbook 3400c, where the firmware would only setup the PCMCIA part
> > but not the cardbus stuff.
>
> Could that be due to ACPI? I see some errors regarding that.
> I hope this hardware is a little more standard than 3400, whcih was even
> 16bit PCMCIA IIRC...

The funky thing about the 3400 was that it used a cardbus bridge but
the slot would only accept 16bit cards. On NetBSD you can use it with
cardbus cards if you can get them into the slot.

> >> Why does it say "no cardbus found" when I see this:
> >> cbb0: cacheline 0x40 lattimer 0x40
> >> cbb0: bhlc 0x824040
> >> cbb0: secondary bus number uninitialized; try PCI_BUS_FIXUP
> > Did you try a kernel with options PCI_BUS_FIXUP?
>
> I suppose I need to compile my own then.. I'll try.. it will be fun
> getting sources and other things without network... and USB 1 :)

If nothing else, you can get cardbus USB2 cards on ebay for just a few
bucks ( I think I got mine for ~$5 a piece )

have fun
Michael