Re: Laptop crashes with PCMCIA insertion/removal

Hello,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:57:51 +0100
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:

> I have an older laptop which has no built-in network, but two PCMCIA
> cards, so one can insert e.g. a wired and a wireless card.
> I just installed NetBSD 7.0 on it. However, I can't get network on it
> because any card I tried to insrt (tried two wireless, one wired) causes
> a kernel panic.
> If I boot the machine without cards and insert it after, I get a crasg.
> But if I leave it in, the card does not get detected as a device and I
> get a crash on eject.

Eww, uninitialized bus number. I remember hacking around that for
Powerbook 3400c, where the firmware would only setup the PCMCIA part
but not the cardbus stuff.

> Why does it say "no cardbus found" when I see this:
> cbb0: cacheline 0x40 lattimer 0x40
> cbb0: bhlc 0x824040
> cbb0: secondary bus number uninitialized; try PCI_BUS_FIXUP

Did you try a kernel with options PCI_BUS_FIXUP?

have fun
Michael