Muddled wrt pkgsrc

After a long delay I have finally upgraded my netbsd machine to 6.1.3, and refreshed the /usr/pkgsrc tree to pkgsrc-2013Q4. I then charged off to build claws-mail and ran into a bit of pesky business that has always baffled me.

At every turn, as claws-mail ground through its build, I was confronted with the need to pkg-delete older versions of its many, many dependencies.

Is there a way to tell pkgsrc simply to 'pkg_delete -f' all these older versions of dependencies as and when the build wishes to replace them with uptodate versions?

s/

Muddled in Rhode Island

--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is