Re: Muddled wrt pkgsrc

On 10 Mar 2014 at 15:43, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> After a long delay I have finally upgraded my netbsd machine
> to 6.1.3, and refreshed the /usr/pkgsrc tree to
> pkgsrc-2013Q4. I then charged off to build claws-mail and
> ran into a bit of pesky business that has always baffled me.
>
> At every turn, as claws-mail ground through its build, I was
> confronted with the need to pkg-delete older versions of its
> many, many dependencies.
>
> Is there a way to tell pkgsrc simply to 'pkg_delete -f' all
> these older versions of dependencies as and when the build
> wishes to replace them with uptodate versions?

I run "pkg_chk -uan" to get an idea what packages have
moved and then for those "pkg_delete -r <pkglist>" or
"pkg_delete -rR <pkglist>.

I've a script 'update-pkgsrc.sh' from Greg Troxel that
might be useful.

I mostly build in a diy chroot. My method works well
enough with almost 2000 packages. I then install to
target pcs from the built packages using 'pkg_chk -buak'
which can have a few failures sometimes requirng build
from source on the target. Some of the failures are due
to my pcs having some uid/gid conflicts.

David