Re: Muddled wrt pkgsrc

Bob Bernstein writes:
- After a long delay I have finally upgraded my netbsd machine
- to 6.1.3, and refreshed the /usr/pkgsrc tree to
- pkgsrc-2013Q4. I then charged off to build claws-mail and
- ran into a bit of pesky business that has always baffled me.
-
- At every turn, as claws-mail ground through its build, I was
- confronted with the need to pkg-delete older versions of its
- many, many dependencies.
-
- Is there a way to tell pkgsrc simply to 'pkg_delete -f' all
- these older versions of dependencies as and when the build
- wishes to replace them with uptodate versions?

use ``make update'' instead of make install..  Or better yet,
``pkg_chk -uq'' will update everything required. (or
``pkg_rolling-replace -u'')  Both pkg_chk and
pkg_rolling-replace are pkgtools/.

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com