Re: Help with crashing X server

On 03/22/10 21:35, Adam Plumb wrote:

Here is a quick update.  I've tried commenting out all modules in the
Modules section, and that didn't work.  I've also tried using the vesa
driver instead of the nv driver, and that didn't have any effect either.  So
I'm still looking for ideas.

I suspected you're using 'nv', because I've had the same problem (GeForce 6 and 7) and updating to a newer version of X fixed it.

If you absolutely want to stay with 5.0.1 you may want to use Xorg from pkgsrc by:
    - setting X11_TYPE=modular in /etc/mk.conf
    - installing the modular-xorg-* packages in pkgsrc/meta-pkgs
    - making sure your system uses the new Xorg (PATH, xorg.conf, ...)

or otherwise just update to netbsd-5 (CVS (source), nyftp.netbsd.org (binary)) which contains a sufficiently up-to-date version of X.