Re: Dual-boot NetBSD/OSX on MacBook Pro?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:18:39 -0500
Ron McDowell <rcm%fuzzwad.org@localhost> wrote:

> Does anyone have NetBSD 5 and OSX 10.6.x peacefully coexisting on a
> current-issue MacBook Pro?
>
> I can get 5.0.2 amd64|i386 to boot by turning off ACPI, but every time I
> get to the point where it wants to newfs /, it tells me /dev/rwd0a busy.
>
> My goal is to split the drive between the 2 OSes but I'm getting the
> same error even when I tried to install the whole thing as NetBSD.
>
> Hardware is a 13" MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD. Thanks.

I have this setup working nicely with the rEFIt loader.
IIRC I had to do some custom tweaks when installing due to interference
from GPT:

I have this in my (install) kernel:
no options DKWEDGE_AUTODISCOVER
no options DKWEDGE_METHOD_GPT