Re: Inexpensive, low power, "wall wart" computer

On 25-Feb-09, at 7:48 AM, Rafal Boni wrote:
I know Matt Thomas was looking at this and I think I peeked the last time he mentioned it, but the show-stopper for me is lack of network; I'd much

That's why they invented USB ethernet adapters. For my application, I don't need ethernet; just wifi, usb client, rs232.

rather trade off the graphics for networking and/or storage options. The Sheeva plug looks attractive from that POV. For in-home applications the 'everything wrapped up in a wall wart' form factor is also very attractive. Now if someone would cross-breed the Beagle with the Sheeva plug, that would make for an excellent system... GigE, SATA and graphics wrapped up in a wall-
wart package would make for some excellent possibilities :)

"If they could squish a kitchen sink into something the size of a keychain, I could wash dishes wherever I went."