NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: Tasks

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 10:59:52AM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> As for offtopic:
>
> An idea that occurred to me was to have the i386 install CD go "multiuser"
> and create VTs. We could use autologin to start sysinst on the first VT and
> start a couple of shells on the other VTs. Also the i386 install method
> needs to be replicated to amd64. I don't have time do either of these right
> now unfortunatley.

Yes, please!  I think this would be a boon to experienced users who install
on maybe-not-quite-standard hardware or who want to customize the install,
and it would make debugging installs that (for some/any reason) blow up or
don't go quite right.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|