NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: Tasks

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:30:17PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> - Need to look into enabling line editing and tab completion by default in
>   sh/ksh. If someone can figure it out a good way to do this by default, I
>   will be happy to absorb any flamage and commit the changes.

It just works with /bin/sh right now in the default install (I don't use
that shell myself, so I'm not sure what further changes you want though)

> - sysinst needs some basic mods, the most important batch would be add a
>   menu to select normal/expert install, and following from that to make the
>   install easy by asking as few questions a possible.

I can do any sysinst changes once we know what we want.

> It should be ok to run
>   the dynamically linked sysinst straight out the build directory on an
>   existing, running system and install onto another disk.

Easiest way for this type of changes is to compile sysinst with -DDEBGUG and
run it against a vnd.

Martin