Re: NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build

    Date:        Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:48:46 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost>

  | A "different compiler" I might use would be a newer version of gcc

That can cause problems - or would if you really were using it the way
that you believe...  When building NetBSD, the compiler that needs to
be on the host system (the one you're talking about) is used to build
the tools - which in particular, means to build the compiler that the
NetBSD build system wants to use, which comes from the NetBSD sources
(it also builds NetBSD's make, and a bunch of other stuff that are needed).

Once those exist, everything else (everything that you will eventually
install) is built using the compiler that has been built that way.

Given that, provided the compiler you have is good enough to build gcc
itself, it really doesn't matter which version it is.

  | A problem with send-pr is where to specify the outgoing SMTP server.

If you don't have e-mail set up, use the web interface instead, you
can find it on www.netbsd.org - in the menu bar neat the top of the page,
hover over "Support", then drop down to "Report a bug" in the menu that
appears, and click on that.

kre