Re: radeon(hd?) on Thinkpad T60p (again)

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 21:15:46 +0530, Sujit K M wrote:
> > Which paragraph exactly?
>
> It is manual so better read it through out

I did, several times. It is this particular machine being problematic
and I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't automatically assume I'm an
idiot. Thank you.

> > Would you please elaborate what you think is wrong about my Xorg.0.log
> > and dmesg? Both looked fairly normal to me, also with regard to which
> > drivers attach to which devices.
>
> Dmesg below
>
> wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 2 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 3 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 4 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
>
> I find 4 screens are added.

These are wscons displays and as such virtual screens. They have nothing
to do with X11 and every NetBSD system I ever installed had four TTYs to
switch between.

> So went and checked the Xorg.log
> Found section [   391.035] to have been suspect.

That's perfectly normal in my experience I've had with Xorg, it lists
all chipsets supported by the driver.

Moritz

--
Sent from my PDP-11 via UUCP