Re: radeon(hd?) on Thinkpad T60p (again)

Hello Sujit,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 20:19:42 +0530, Sujit K M wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Moritz Wilhelmy
> <mw+netbsd%barfooze.de@localhost> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm currently running into issues with NetBSD on my T60p.
> > The solutions proposed here don't seem to work:
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2012/04/17/msg001117.html
> >
> >  * radeonhd driver results in some glitches and then a blackscreen
> >  * adding "userconf disable radeondrm" to /boot.cfg doesn't help, X11
> >    is glitchy.
> >
> > I'm running -current/6.99.30.
> > My GPU seems to be (from dmesg)
> > radeondrm0 at vga1: ATI Mobility FireGL V5200
> > radeondrm0: Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080613
> >
> > which is interesting, given that I disabled radeondrm in boot.cfg...?
> >
> > Xorg.0.log with radeonhd contains binary garbage.
>
> This should help. http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-x.html

Which paragraph exactly?

> I find(might be I am wrong) from you dmesg and Xorg.log that a lot
> of configuration is wrong.

I started Xorg without a configuration file, except for radeonhd, where
I only enforced the driver in the configuration file via

Section "Device"
        Identifier "card0"
        Driver "radeonhd"
EndSection

I think the consensus is that there is no reason to run X with a
configuration file anymore most of the time.

Would you please elaborate what you think is wrong about my Xorg.0.log
and dmesg? Both looked fairly normal to me, also with regard to which
drivers attach to which devices.

By the way, is the correct list to discuss this issue netbsd-users@?
(However this is where the 2012 email went to, too).

Best regards,

Moritz

--
Sent from my PDP-11 via UUCP