Re: Please consider replace src/dist/nvi with nvi2

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 06:09:02 -0500
Zhihao Yuan <lichray%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
> wrote:
> > Programs invoke /usr/sbin/sendmail and pipe the mail to it.
> > There is a configuration file (/etc/mailer.conf) which tells the
> > program how to deal with mail.
> I see... I'm going to make a fallback, and add -odb to both the
> fallback and the virecover script.

It shouldn't be a fallback, it should be the primary mechanism. The
age old U**x philosophy is to do one thing and do it well, in this
case the one thing is "edit text". Talking SMTP is something for
another process to do well. Besides which, it's possible that the
process listening on port 25 might not be the same as invoked
by /usr/bin/sendmail; just because something seems a reasonable
assumption doesn't mean it's a correct one.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012%jry.me@localhost>