Re: Please consider replace src/dist/nvi with nvi2

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Martin Husemann <>
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 05:46:02AM -0500, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
>> periodic, cron... too many things sends email to users. Could you tell
>> me how NetBSD deal with these?
> Programs invoke /usr/sbin/sendmail and pipe the mail to it.
> There is a configuration file (/etc/mailer.conf) which tells the program
> how to deal with mail. Typical setup:
> sendmail        /usr/pkg/sbin/mini_sendmail -smail
> send-mail       /usr/pkg/sbin/mini_sendmail -smail
> which means that the pkgsrc mini_sendmail is invoked and told to forward
> the mail vial smtp to host "mail".
> Martin

I see... I'm going to make a fallback, and add -odb to both the
fallback and the virecover script. Not sure whether the -odq is safe
here. MTAs that do not support these options are supposed to ignore
them, right?

Zhihao Yuan, nickname lichray
4BSD --