[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Please consider replace src/dist/nvi with nvi2
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
I'm maintaining another multibyte nvi fork, nvi2
What version of nvi did you start with? The oldest commit that I
see in your git repository is this:
Author: Zhihao Yuan <lichray%gmail.com@localhost>
Date: Sun Jun 26 13:15:33 2011 -0500
but I can't easily tell what version of nvi it was based on.
For your next project, it would be a good idea to let your first
commit be the unmodified sources that you started with, and to let
your first change go into your second commit.
1. UTF-16 editing support.
2. File encoding detection. Detects for UTF-16 (w BOM) and
UTF-8, and fallbacks to locale.
3. Multibyte message. No more \x?? with printable wide strings
4. Enhanced usability on BSDs. openpty(3), flock(2)-only
5. Internal sendmail function. Nvi sends recovery notifications
when system start up, but /usr/sbin/sendmail is too slow.
6. Recover files with arbitrary file name -- my version base64
them in the recovery files.
7. Full-featured file name completion. The completion
accepts/yields escaped path, like your bash/tcsh.
Most of that sounds useful.
/usr/sbin/sendmail is the traditional way for programs to submit
email, and it usually works well. What problem did you have with
that, and what is your solution in more detail?
--apb (Alan Barrett)
Main Index |
Thread Index |