Re: Please consider replace src/dist/nvi with nvi2

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 05:31:14AM -0500, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
>> How? I use getaddrinfo(3) to find a "smtp" service, and I think such
>> an assumption is already standard and reasonable enough.
>
> No, you can't expect to have something listening on the smtp port on
> the local machine. In the default setup, NetBSD doesn't have anything
> listening on port 25. You don't have to have the port 25 open to be
> able to send mail.

FreeBSD always requires a outgoing delivery service
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail-changingmta.html

periodic, cron... too many things sends email to users. Could you tell
me how NetBSD deal with these?

--
Zhihao Yuan, nickname lichray
4BSD -- http://4bsd.biz/