Re: Moving rc.d scripts to base.tgz

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:44:49AM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
 > > So again, how about some examples?
 >
 > My ipf/ipnat/ipsec configuration is computed from M4 templates.
 > The ipfilter/ipnat/ipsec scripts update the real configuration
 > files before using them. This is done by defining an update_config
 > function and hook it into the process with the *cmd variables
 > that are actually scriptlets evaluated by rc.subr.

You could also do that by adding an rc script and setting the
ordering constraints appropriately. Not really different, except that
way rc.conf doesn't have to be executable, as per tls's wishlist.

But that's not in the periodic scripts. Still need an example there...

 > The usage of M4 alone prevents this to be of public interest.
 >
 > Oh yes, and M4 is turing-completely evil :)

That I won't disagree with :-/

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost