Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:41:03 +0300 markucz%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
> Just as FYI, groff consistently rejects valid *roff and/or produces
> junk. The -C flag doesn't seem to help. I don't know if this is a
> bug in the GNU roff suite or a perceived feature, but I'm getting
> progressively frustrated with it. Heirloom troff doesn't complain

I had very little trouble taking the documents out of the 4.4 Final
sources, most of which are already fixed for groff, and simply
building most of them. I suspect you have not been using 4.4 Final as
the source for the documents you have tried formatting.

In any case, I'm happy enough making the legacy docs work with groff.
It isn't that big a deal if you understand what the code is trying to
do.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost