Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

> It'd be nice if we could offer this and other USD documents in pdf
> format on the website.  Perhaps under http://www.netbsd.org/docs/ near
> the links to the manual pages?

A year ago I spent a couple of days in an effort to create a complete set of
the PSD, SMM and USD manuals. I got the missing parts (now mostly of
historical interest) from 4.4BSD-Alpha and 4.3BSD. There were quite a few
gotchas and I spent a couple of days tbl'ing, refer'ing and roff'ing. USD:21
(troff) probably still has some errors (apart from the references being on
page 2). Some documents changed number since 4.3BSD, and PS1 and PS2 were
merged into PSD. That has been fixed, and the TOCs modified accordingly.
There're also some papers I got from FreeBSD 2.1. None of them is specific to
FreeBSD though. Unfortunately, I keep neither the modified sources and
makefiles, nor the scripts used. If anyone finds an error, he'll have to go
through all that again.

The docs are in PostScript format but if you're interested, I can send them
to you. The compressed tarball is ~5MB big.

Best regards