Re: bsdcpio and bsdtar installed by default

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Christos Zoulas wrote:
So, let's just switch to the new code now. We can leave the old source
in the tree, until the cpio front end is completed. By that time if we
see a critical issue, we can decide to go back and use the old tar code.

Now that there's a freeze/quiet period, it would be nice to honor it,
and do this for 6.0 (or 5.1). I see too little benefit in rushing this in, with this possibly bringing up other issues in 5.0 then.

 - Hubert