Re: bsdcpio and bsdtar installed by default

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:53:30AM +0100, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> > So you object to bloat the system with BSD tar and cpio, but OK to do that
> > with bozohttpd? Interesting consistency. :)
>
> It's obviously different because we didn't have another httpd in base
> already.

We do not have many applications for many services, but it does not mean
that we have to add one for each /etc/services line.
Anyway, my point was that argument about "re-bloating" was groundless.

> Minor nit: we are not using gnu tar/cpio.
> I don't understand the whole idea (besides I do not understand the
> advantages of the new stuff well enough) - if we replace tar/pax/cpio with
> the new stuff when it's ready, it will get good testing in -current after
> we branch for 5.0 - but if it is installed under some obscure different
> name, it will not be tested at all, so why import it?

I see. This makes much more sense.

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas