Re: bsdcpio and bsdtar installed by default

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:53:30AM +0100, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> So you object to bloat the system with BSD tar and cpio, but OK to do that
> with bozohttpd? Interesting consistency. :)

It's obviously different because we didn't have another httpd in base already.

> Anyway, as I understand Joerg, intention is to replace GNU tar/cpio with BSD
> ones in future, and include these now for wider testing purposes, is not it?

Minor nit: we are not using gnu tar/cpio.
I don't understand the whole idea (besides I do not understand the advantages
of the new stuff well enough) - if we replace tar/pax/cpio with the new
stuff when it's ready, it will get good testing in -current after we branch
for 5.0 - but if it is installed under some obscure different name, it will
not be tested at all, so why import it?

Martin