Re: pkg_tarup inclusion in pkg_create

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 10:40:33PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > >Another option would be to remove the dependency of "make replace" on
 > >pkg_tarup. No idea why that was added in the first place, as we do not
 > >provide that level of rollback anywhere.
 >
 > I don't know who require it with USE_DESTDIR=yes other than dholland@.

what martin said: "This is a very essential thing if you do runtime
debugging of pkgs."

 > Current implementation is broken because it will undo-replace, but
 > generated binary package in ${PACKAGES} may be already overwritten
 > and not back to the previous one.
 > For example, "make replace & undo-replace" with different PKG_OPTION, or
 > something.

!

:(

I thought you'd fixed it properly...

when I try undo-replace it *says*

===> Re-adding cmake-2.8.6nb1 from saved tar-up package.
Installing saved package /usr/pkgsrc/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.6nb1.tgz

but no such file exists and I'm not sure what it actually did, if anything...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost