Re: Bugzilla (was Re: The NetBSD perfect patch!)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> > (2) Does a sane mail-only interface exist?
>
> AFAIK, Bugzilla has such a thing. I'm unsure, if you must be registered to
> submit a bug-report, what could be a bigger issue ...
> Do we want reports from people who don't like to identify themself?

Please don't conflate the two issues of "registering" and "identifying".
There are at least three levels:

  no identification needed;
  identification needed, but registration not needed;
  registration needed.

I usually don't mind giving my name or email address in a bug report
for an open source project, but "registering" is a huge pain (yet
another password to remember) and discourages me from reporting bugs.

--apb (Alan Barrett)