Re: Bridging with WLAN interface

Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
That's an option but introducing a local DHCPd is not really a good solution.
Correct, but you were mentioning a dhcpd for your Win domU, so I took it as a possible solution.
Sure, but that would only work in bridge mode, and bridging can't be done with wireless interfaces...

Is there any way to statically add IPs to xvif interfaces?
I tried with
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=bridge0, mac=00:00:00:ff:fe:01 ip=192.168.0.1' ]

But this does not work, at least not when running Windows as DomU.
I don't think it will. What really matters is the interface on the domU side, and xvif is the other end point of the domU interface, like some kind of tun(4) (I am not familiar with xennet back- and front-end yet, so maybe I am mistaken here).

Setting up the xvif IP would be of no use. One option would be to configure xennet* right inside the domU, through /etc/ifconfig.xennet*.

Manuel said something different:

"There's an easier way: just assign the IP address to the xvif
interface, no need to use a bridge and a tap. This is what the
vif-ip script it for (assign an IP to the vif backend, instead of adding
it to a bridge)."

And configuring interfaces inside of DomU does not help much if they don't have a default route to an interface inside DomU so NATing can be done further on the physical interface (wired or wireless).

Marcin.