Re: Bridging with WLAN interface

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:10:55 +0200, Marcin Michal Jessa
<lists%yazzy.org@localhost>
wrote:
>> Correct, but you were mentioning a dhcpd for your Win domU, so I took
>> it as a possible solution.
> Sure, but that would only work in bridge mode, and bridging can't be
> done with wireless interfaces...

Hmm, I concede. I would just do it the way you did, considering you want to
bridge exclusively with the wireless device.

> "There's an easier way: just assign the IP address to the xvif
> interface, no need to use a bridge and a tap. This is what the
> vif-ip script it for (assign an IP to the vif backend, instead of adding
> it to a bridge)."

Yeah, forget about what I said; windows is under HVM domU and that's for a
netbsd PV domU. So my remark about xennet is irrelevant here.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost