Re: Bridging with WLAN interface

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 05:52:46PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
There is vif-ip. NAT is just a special case of IP routing, I don't think
it needs a different script.
Exactly, I just discovered I can do the same with the if-bridge script.
Please let me know if there is a better way of doing this:

Like I said I just used "bridge mode" and created an interface I know would not get occupied by anything else - tap100 :

There's an easier way: just assign the IP address to the xvif
interface, no need to use a bridge an a tap. This is what the
vif-ip script it for (assign an IP to the vif backend, instead of adding
it to a bridge).

On the other hand, there is one xvif for each of the DomUs and I'd have to know what xvif to assign what IP. They all can't have the same IP...
Then each DomU would have to use it's own IP range.
This doesn't sound easier. I don't understand how this can work for multiple DomUs ..?

Marcin