Re: SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 10:14:37PM +0100, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>> If the problem is reproducible with SS-10, I'd definitely go with the
>> SS-10 ones, because SS-10 is a sun4m machine.
>
> Since qemu does not use the original SUN PROMs, it is unlikely that this
> problem (which likely is a bug in some PROM versions) will be
> reproducable in qemu.

QEMU is not shipped with the original Sun PROMs (for the obvious
reasons), but it's possible to use some of them directly. In fact,
before Mark Cave-Ayland re-implemented some parts of OpenBIOS, booting
Solaris and NetBSD was only possible with the proprietary Sun OBP.

Artyom

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko